Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Kudos to the B man!

Although Brian is not my coach, nor a runner these days, he's a great motivator.  Today is his 51st birthday!  Happy Birthday Brian! 
I told him I'd skip my run this morning in lieu of a hike or a cozy sleep in.  He said no that I should get my run in; that we'd have the rest of the day for  birthday celebrations.  Whether, he said run to avoid cranky Paula or just to be nice, I'm grateful. 
I ran with the Saturday morning crew today.  We started at 8:15 and enjoyed a perfect pre-fall 60 degrees with sunny breaks.  September is delightful isn't it?  9 miles later we were back at the start.  After a quick chat and stretch, I came home to patient Brian enjoying his morning granola.  He waited while I showered, ate and had some coffee.  He opened his presents and then tried out some of his new gadgets (guitar stuff). 
I say patient Brian because soon after, he asked about my run.  I pulled out the computer, loaded data from my Garmin and showed him my running data.  Good lord I'm boring!  Ha!  We reviewed the last 2 months when I complained that my running hasn't gone exactly to plan.  He pointed out that my mileage was good most of the weeks we looked at and encouraged me to look at the positive. 
Not only did the B man put up with gadget/food/running-obsessed Paula, he did it on his birthday!  Kudos to the B man!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Happy birthday to Brian!