Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Birthday Weekend

My Birthday just passed...I'm 31 (for the 10th time)
I had a lovely time running the Chuckanut Footrace on Saturday morning.  http://www.gbrc.net/chuckanut_footrace.php 
It's 7 miles one way to Larrabee State Park.  There's music, food and buses at the end of the Interurban trail to enjoy.  I ran 1:03:05 for an updated PR.  My goal was 58:08...I was in the ballpark but went out too fast and pooped out.  It was fun to get out there anyway!
http://www.gbrc.net/images/cfr_02.jpg
Saturday night, I ventured out on the town with friends to celebrate my birthday eve.  Dinner at Boundary Bay followed by some laughs at a few local establishments that may have served alcohol.  My thanks to my friends who made the evening lovely!






Sunday morning I woke to a lovely birthday filled with well wishes and fun presents. 
Also, my orchid bloomed for the 1st time!

Spain was nice enough to win the World Cup...Ole ole ole ole...ole ole ole ole!  My friends Donna and Vincent hosted a lovely party for the event.
I then tried to pick up my car which had lived downtown for the night...no luck for this girl.  Here's a pic of the guy who towed my car..... on my birthday.

He was very nice despite the $280!!! for towing my car.  But Brian got a fun t-shirt!

Managed to get over the sticker shock of Brian's fancy t-shirt... Watched a movie to recover my lovely day then went out for dinner with Steve and Genevie down at the harbor!


Lovely way to finish my weekend.   Thanks to all my lovely friends and to Brian for making all of the last 11 birthdays wonderful!
Miles this week 15
Total miles 106

No comments: