Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

7000th place

After several nights of crappy sleep, a bunch of crappy runs and some very stressed out days...I'm finally done with the whole mess.  For the past few days I rested, stretched and managed a few good night's rest.  Today, I felt better.  I now truly looking forward to Sunday.  I'm looking forward to running with a big crowd in the big city.  I'll be doing the half (13.1 miles)
Some quick facts for you:
  • Vancouver International Marathon has Four races, the marathon (42.2 km), half marathon (21.1 km), the 8 km, and the McDonald's Kids MaraFun
  • There will be about 14,000 participants.
  • Stanley Park, the circumference of which we will run Sunday, more than 10% larger than New York City's Central Park.
  • The top 2009 woman finisher was Lioudmila Kortchaguina.  She finished the half in 1:17:11.
On review of the above, I can tell you the following:
  •  I will place around mid-pack.  7000th I believe that makes me.  
  • Stanley Park will seem much bigger to all who run on Sunday.  But, it will also seem more beautiful because it's amazing to go through by foot.
  • I will finish about 40 minutes after the first woman finishes.  
So, since I won't win, and know I'll do my best...I'm ready to run and run and run.  For now? Off to drink more coffee.  Cheers!

3 comments:

Kate said...

You're going to do awesome! Don't underestimate yourself. Wish I were going with you.

Monique said...

Good Luck!! I will be running the Half as Well!! Don't think I have ever been so nervouse before a race!! You will do great!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Paula!! My thoughts will be with you on Sunday.