Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

No great or awesome here...

OK for the past two days, no great or awesome has happened....no running at all has occurred for that matter.  Today?  Guilt...and I'm totally worried I'm on the path to non-awesome.  I'm on the slippery slope to failure!  Yikes, that's dramatic.
Here's the thing.  I've come to the point of running longer, getting in fairly good shape before.  I arrive at Dabblerville... then my brain takes over.  I start fixating on the end goal and the whole thing starts feeling way too big and way too much.  I start feeling as though I won't get the training done.
Of course there wouldn't be fear without guilt.  So, here I am.  I'm afraid to screw up running so I've been avoiding it for 2 days and feel guilty!  Argh, someone give me a lobotomy. That way my upper brain function won't take over when I need my 'just run' button turned on full power.
OK, will go for a run today.  Of course so far I've managed to drink coffee.  Wish me luck.

A little addition to today's thoughts.  I ran 5 miles with a little success.  Still crazy...yes I'm aware Kate.  But, I ran...and only liked it a little.  :)
Total Miles 235

1 comment:

Kate said...

K, first of all, how do you screw up running?

Second of all, you're crazy. :)