Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Falling in love with a park

I used to run almost exclusively on the south side of Bellingham.  The trails are amazing and it's close to a ton of great food and shops.  There's also a 'South-side' feeling of ease and comfort.
The south side is gorgeous and I still love it.  But, I think I'm falling in love with another spot.   Yesterday, I ran in Whatcom Falls park.  I run here a lot because it's close but frankly, it's beautiful!
 Even the blackberry bushes are pretty.  There's a ton of side trails to little out of the way places. 
When the sun shines through the leaves, it's as if fairies are flying through the branches. 
Stairs fly down to delightful creek side spots.














Buttercups happily soak up the sun aside most of the trails this time of year.



And the park's best feature?   All the textures....






Falling in love with a place is pretty easy, when you run.
Total miles this week 13.4 (+ a delightful hike today)
Total miles 30.6

No comments: