Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Alice's Wish

I believe I have a habit! I was home for a few days and managed to run 2 of 3 days!!!
I even went for a walk with a cute little 80 year old while I was home.
Mind you, she is a very fit, cute and little 80 year old. Her name is Alice and let me tell you this, she is still a machine. We walked around an uneven forest loop that ended up being about 2 miles.
OK, so for an average runner, that's not that long. For an 80 year old lady? It's a lot... Brian, my partner in crime, kept suggesting we turn back but I was watching Alice. She barely broke a sweat and powered up the hills barely breathing hard! She told me a great story and I'm sharing it for inspiration.
"When I was just a little girl," Alice started one of many stories. "I remember my Mom was doing laundry and us kids were in the yard playing. Suddenly, we saw my grandma throwing her cane out the window. We asked, 'what are you dong Grandma?' as she climbed out the window and said, 'I'm going for a walk. Now behave and I'll bring you some candy.' Off my Grandma went down the road by herself." Alice laughed a bit and continued, "you know, I thought to myself, maybe I can be like my Grandma when I'm old like that".
Alice, I think you got your wish... now I hope I'm like Alice when I'm 80...or even better...how about a marathon at 80? Can you say age group winner?

Total Miles 148.5

No comments: