Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Many, small, internal pep talks...

Sleeping in sounded good last night but I had a plan. After procrastinating for 2 days...a new record for me thank you very much, I finished last week's long run today. 17 miles completed and it felt nothing like the 15 miler. The days of wondering if I ran enough? Gone! Those thoughts have now replaced with the following thoughts:
  1. Isn't this run over?
  2. I wonder if Brian is close by, in his car, able to pick me up?
  3. Is hitchhiking really that dangerous?
  4. Where is my pit crew with the energy bars?
At about 15 miles, my body said, "enough!" I heard it. I did try to call Brian but he was most of the way to work. So, I finished my 17 miles. Admittedly, I walked about 1/2 a mile from the 15 mile mark then finished using many, small, internal pep talks. In reflection...I am...proud of myself and looking forward to Saturday's run...it's only 10 miles!

Total 169 miles

No comments: