Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Looking for Shawnee

Long run today. Although it was not perfect, the day was amazing. The sun was out, it was slightly cool. I lost a running buddy for a bit but was glad to find her almost 2 hours later....back at her car.
So, the run itself felt great! I kept a 10 minute pace for the majority, my goal for long runs. I finished strong and really didn't suffer. Unfortunately, my buddy's back was hurting so she told me to go ahead. Then, I lost her...bad directions? Or just a determined Shawnee? Losing her on Chuckanut was not planned but in the end it was good for a laugh...and will be for a long time. ;)
I started out my day at 730 AM. Now, that is early as I work evening shift. I dragged myself out of bed, was out the door just after 8 AM and running by 840...I thought to myself why am I doing this? Why not sleep in and lounge on my first day off?
Don't worry, I'll tell you... I lapped up several hours of beautiful sunlight, saw 5 friends on the trail, enjoyed multiple hellos from walkers and a few waves from runners ( I decided walkers were friendlier today). I was delighted with birds, crisp fresh air, a few dogs and a squirrel. I even chowed down on pizza and beer for a post run lunch (would have been breakfast had I found my buddy earlier).
Would I have enjoyed my sleep in? You bet!
Was it worth finishing 13 miles and the search for Shawnee? You bet!
Total miles 97.5

No comments: