Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

CURSES TO AGING TENDONS!

Why am I doing this to my body? Tomorrow I'm scheduled for a massage. I'm hoping the 'magical masseuse' as per Ashley can torque out some of the ridiculous tension in my left IT band. It's killing me when I stretch. It's not hurting when I run, just when I try to stretch. Curses to aging tendons and years of poor stretching practices!
Otherwise, everything is fabulous! I feel amazing, more energy, my arse finally started to decrease in size and my runs are all easier. Two laps of Lake Padden, my old friend, were easier. When I started running many moons ago, Lake Padden was my weekly fitness gauge. When it was time to get on the wagon, a lap of Padden was hard. Then, a little more fitness allowed a hard 2 laps. When you can do 2 laps easily and power up the hills...you're getting there. The best? When 3 laps seems easy.
I actually got a date out of running three laps in another life. The relationship didn't make it to date two... he was late and I had the patience of a flea back then. The story: I was running just for fun...and ran 3 laps. A handsome fellow struck up a conversation over my running prowess. I felt very cool and decided to meet him for a date. But, he was late and it made me mad...so, no relationship and now he's married to another, more patient person. I'm with a more patient person too...one who humors me with the term "passionate" when referring to my general demeanor. And I didn't even have to run almost 8 miles to get him!
Will let you know how the massage goes...either way, it's a massage...Yay!

1 comment:

Kate said...

A massage sounds heavenly...enjoy!