Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Life is like a box of ....running

All I've been talking about for the past few months is running.  I'm even boring to myself sometimes.  You know what else?  I sort of like it.  So, I'm a bit boring.  At least I'm obsessing about something positive.  Know what else?  I find running echos my life. 

The world looks a lot like a long run.  Some runs are easy and pass like an afternoon picnic on a sunny beach.  Alternately, a lot of runs come with a challenge, some big some small.  The struggles faced during a run reflect struggles in my life. 

Each time I start a run it's unclear how it will go.  Often it's a challenge...each mile seems to be longer than the last and, at times, it seems as though the run will never end.  I've had plenty of days just like a bad run.  Of course, the day and the run end eventually.  But...the run or a tough day feel best right at the end.

Conversely, there are runs that feel like floating on air.  Each step is a cinch and after a few miles it actually gets easier.  Those are the great days!  It's fabulous to enjoy the ease of floating down a road or trail.  Life throws us a few days like this...but they're few and far between; when a day goes by without notice and it seems everything attempted just happens...it's wondrous! 

A wondrous day is a gift.  Though it may be optomistic, I am truly hoping San Diego will be wondrous.  I see myself crossing the finish line and saying to myself,  "Yep, that was hard but worth it".  A thought from my friend Paulo....
  
"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. "  Paulo Coelho


Total miles  307.8

1 comment:

Kate said...

Absolutely! And fortunately we get those good runs/days because otherwise it'd be really hard to keep going. :)