Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The path to self-destruction.

I started to write this blog because I self-destruct.  I spend long months running and planning only to slack off and stop well before I can apply the word taper.  I do this out of fear.  Yesterday, I ran to crush some of that fear.  Here's a secret for you...if you run, fear will follow but can't keep up.
I ran a 13 mile long run...just to quiet the bad little voice.  It felt good!  Well it mostly felt long... but good.  So, I got up and ran again.  Today I did a 6 mile jaunt with Miss Kate out on North Lake Whatcom (Nope, not my photo.  It's ripped off the internet)


http://www.bellingham.net/images/pagemaster/NorthShore6.jpg

The best part?  Wading into the cool lake water....At the end.

http://realestate.bellingham.net/blog/uploaded_images/lake-whatcom-trail-702547.jpg
Know what else?  The little voice is a mere whisper and getting quieter by the minute. 
Total miles 256

1 comment:

Kate said...

Excellent. Tell yourself to just SHUT UP because you're doing great and ARE going to do great in San Diego. Don't doubt it for a second.

p.s. I'm hungry.