Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mr. Red Shoes

Each person I pass adds to my run. Hold on, let me clarify the word 'pass'. I pass walkers, slow joggers, old people and fast runners going the opposite way. Occasionally, on a very good day, I pass a runner. Today, I even passed a guy who was speed-walking, or running really slow, I really wasn't sure. He was more entertaining than most. Everyone I pass has an effect on me. If it's a bunch of fit gals, I speed up. When I pass a speed-walker, I relax. If I run near a smack-talking dude? I pour it on!
Today, I was inspired by 'Mr. Red Shoes'. Some dude had these very red, very fast looking running shoes on. I passed him on my way down a hill; he was going up. It wasn't the shoes that caught my eye, it was his perfect form and focus. He focused on each step and looked solid. He zipped by, barely noting me. When I passed Mr. Red Shoes, I did a mental survey of my running form and speed. I even sped up a bit, refined my form and the balance of my run was easier.
Thanks Mr. Red Shoes! I needed the double check today. I often focus on other people for entertainment. It keeps me going on tough days. Today, Mr. Red Shoes reminded me of the value of running with focus.

Day 4
Total miles 12

No comments: