Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Big "A"

I went for lunch with friends yesterday. One of them asked, "Why a blog? Why put it out there for the world to see?" She also asked if I was self-centered thinking there was a sunny spot following me.
Well, yes I am self-centered. Anyone who has spent time with me knows that...sort of. I'm what you'd call self-focused. That is, I tend to look inward before looking out. You know what? It's working for me. I have amazing people around me! You know what else? I still think there's a sunny spot out there for me, but feel free to share the light.
About the blog...I have never published anything in my life. I finished a Creative Writing degree at WWU and have never tried to publish. Why? I am a big chicken! A blog is pretty anonymous. How many people are reading this? Maybe 10 if I'm lucky. What is it doing for me? It gives me the big 'A'.
That's right, this blog gives me accountability! And... in my wildest dreams... a load of people reading along and finding inspiration.
I will go for a run today. Why? I just wrote it...and I always write MY truth. Testify to the big "A" sister!


"At first an ordeal and then an accomplishment, the daily run becomes a staple, like bread, or wine, a fine marriage, or air. It is also a free pass to friendship." --quote of the day from http://runnersworld.com/

1 comment:

Nursing101 said...

In life we all become self centered when we challenge ourselves to become better. That sunny spot that follows you is there because you created it with a commitment to yourself to achieve something that has meaning to you!! I think writing this blog is a great way to measure your progress and keep all your friends up-dated on how close you are coming to your goal!! Keep it up sister I like reading it!!