Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

I had a dream

OK, it wasn't a good dream. It was a scary dream. I was running the marathon and time was ticking...I was at mile 17 and running out of time! 4 Hours was about to click off and I had 9 miles to go. Seriously? I'm actually stressing out about making this goal happen and haven't even started 'real' training yet?
This morning I ran at North Shore. It was ridiculously gorgeous and I was running with my great friend. I told her about my dream. She laughed a bit and said, "it's too early to worry" and of course I had to agree. She was right. It's too early to worry and here's a good lesson I've had to learn over and over. Running is about enjoyment. Running is about feeling the breeze and listening to your footfalls. It's about accomplishing a personal goal.
Even when you're running with another person it comes down to you, a pair of shoes and your breathing. Face it: Running is great. My next dream? It will be me crossing the line in 3:57:58...doesn't that sound great?

No comments: