Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I could just go, and go, and go....

Today, I was able to run with my friend Krista. We even saw Donna along the trail. There must be something to 'saying it into being'. We were all just out enjoying the lovely day. Next month, I'm starting my official training. On February 8th, I'll be on a 4 month count down to race day.
Right now, I'm just trying to enjoy running; choosing the right gear for the weather, warming up, feeling my lungs expand, the sound of my feet hitting the road and finding my body's limit. It feels so good!
Some days, I don't even reach my limit. My legs begin turning over automatically as if someone flipped a switch. I'm out there on a whim, just because. My first steps are soon a distant memory and off I go. 1, 2, 6 miles pass in a blink the scenery floats by like the best movie you've ever seen. Those are days when I don't need to run. If you've ever felt this you've got the running bug; it's an affliction really. You drag yourself out of the house repeatedly, working through lots of the bad days only to float on the good ones.
Today, it was great to see Krista and Donna. I did not have a particularly easy run today but that's OK. It's OK because I know if I put in lots of sort of OK or even bad days, a great run will happen. It'll catch me off guard when I realize I'm 5 miles out and could just go, and go, and go....

No comments: