Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My inner tomboy is cheering ecstatically!

So... yesterday I went swimming. That's my cross training plan. I'm shooting for 2 swimming workouts a week. But, that's not why I'm writing today.
The workout was good. I felt OK, swimming finds all of my weakness and then kicks my buttocks. I barely beat out the gal in the next lane and I had swim fins on....she didn't. Needless to say, I felt a little puny when I finished. BUT....
As I was changing a woman next to me started to chat. She asked me what 'tri' are you training for? Inside there was a little girl tomboy cheering ecstatically 'This woman thought I was a triathlete!!!!!' OK, she very well could have been just making conversation but I'm going with the joyful thought/delusion she thought I was studly. I explained what my plan was and she lamented about being in the pool due to injury. BOO injuries! I told her good luck and that she was great for keeping up on workouts then we went our separate ways.
Today was even better. I ran a track workout with friends and it was actually fun, like gym class was...And.... it sunk in that wow I'm an athletic person at 40. Not bad, not bad at all.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Duh. I coulda told you that! :)