Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

Tripping antelopes

I have a competitive streak but I'm not rabid. My casual runs are fun and do not turn into a race. In fact, if my running buddy is lagging, I'll slow down. If my buddy is totally kicking my ass, I will just try to keep up or even ask for the dreaded walk break.
I do however have fantasies of tripping really fast people. It started several years ago with an old friend Kris. We were running a loop of Lake Padden and we were passed. No... we were blown out of the water. The fast girl came up fast from behind and went by on her antelope-like, long legs barely covered by her form fitting 1-inch long shorts. Kris said, "next lap, we should trip her". I laughed so hard we had slow down even more. Now, when someone blows by me and they happen to look like a fitness model? I fantasize about tripping them. It makes me smile and allows me to continue plodding along. :)
Thing is, what I want is to be her. I want to be fast and to wear tiny shorts and not scare people. There was a time I was fast, or at least felt fast. I didn't wear tiny shorts; though I did have some form fitting ones.
This year is my year. I'm making it a mission. Get faster and a little slimmer. Will I wear 1 inch shorts? Uh no, but it would be nice to blow by someone and hear them say, "let's trip her". That would make me smile.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'll trip you if it'll make you feel better.