Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More therapy

Running is a gift; it clears the mind, soul and invigorates the body. It can heal too.
Recently, my dear friend and I went on a short run. We both ran late, then finally arrived...at separate locations. We giggled a bit. About a 1/2 hour after our scheduled meeting time, we finally hit the trail.
We started running and after a bit of encouragement she started to pour her heart out and cried a bit. Cried some more and told me about a tough time she's going through. I listened and felt really lucky. Lucky that I am the ear to someone's heartache and that she trusts me so much. We ran out about 20 minutes. After 10 minutes she was a little tired but I knew it would do her soul some good to keep going. We turned around when her face looked a little less stressed and she'd explained a lot of the story.
Part way back we had to stop because she was sobbing. My heart broke a little and I gave her a big hug because that is all I had to give.
My friend did not solve all of her problems that day. Instead she cleared her head and lightened her soul on the trail. Running does that sometimes. I'm sure she'll return the favor someday...she's that kind of friend.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You've got good shoulders to cry on, that's all. :)