Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

For the love of running

Well, I went running today. It was amazingly beautiful yet again. Is there a sunny spot following me? Gosh I hope so!
I realized that I have a few people to thank for motivation. Just before I started, I was lucky enough to run into my friend Genevie. She is so joyful! She and her hubby Steve own Fairhaven Runners. Check them out! http://fairhavenrunners.com/
They are two of the most fit people I know. They've both been very competitive runners and could totally wipe the road with me despite being a little older (You're welcome Steve. I told Steve about my lack of inspiration once. I think it had been a month since I ran. I said it was so hard to start. He said something so simple and so true. "Just go out and run even if it's 15 minutes". I did just that the next day. It's amazing what a few simple words can do.
Donna is another runner I've mentioned. She manages to run most days. She has said the same thing after almost every run we've done together. As soon as we stop she says, "That was fun!" and she believes it!
There are some differences between Steve, Genevie, Donna and me. Unlike myself, they are not dabblers. Rather, they are consistent and dedicated runners and inspirational to me!
What's their secret? They love it! They love going outside, love the act of running and the community of running. You know... most days, so do I. When I grow up, I want to be like them!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Are you kidding me?! I want to be like YOU when I grow up! If you're not a runner, then I don't know who is.

Nursing101 said...

Who wouldn't want your commitment!! You are amazing and I love reading this blog!! You Go Girlie!! I am running with you everyday maybe not by your side but I see your blog and how you pull yourself up and motivate yourself and it makes me want to kick butt too!!